Preparing A Feast

The Life Skills class recently held a Thanksgiving luncheon.

Austin Jones, Staff Writer

Who doesn’t enjoy a Thanksgiving feast?

Teacher Sarah Shackelford’s Life Skills class just celebrated their second annual Thanksgiving luncheon. They celebrated with family, administration and teachers. Shackelford’s students planned the entire event. They sent out invitations, researched recipes and even made decorations.

The best part about the recipes is her students went to shop at Walmart to purchase all of the ingredients and they made the recipes themselves.

Senior Sean Rice said, “I like the Thanksgiving luncheon because I got to see my parents and eat some delicious caramel apples.” 

They also made some mouth watering pumpkin butter for everyone.

Junior Steven Robinson said, “My favorite part of the Thanksgiving luncheon was eating the cheese ball.”

The class learned how to be a host/hostess and they hosted a 2.5 hour luncheon. Later on in the luncheon, the students read poems to their families and friends.

Senior Abigail Maloney said, “My favorite things were our families coming to visit us and taking several photos.”

They wrote the poems themselves.

Freshman Cody Szewczyk said, “ I liked the moscatelli, and the lemonade. My favorite thing about the luncheon was writing the poems.”

Curriculum coach Julie Schubert helped in the luncheon as well. She helped with all the cooking.

Freshman  Peter Stamper said, “My favorite thing was cooking pumpkin pie dip and everyone spending time with their friends and family”.

Freshman Olivia Schuler said, “My favorite part of the Thanksgiving Luncheon was having my dad there and getting to meet my friend’s family, too.”