10 Questions with “DJ” Naucke

Principal Jason Naucke sat down for a Q&A session with The Hoot.

Head+principal+Jason+Naucke+has+pushed+for+the+Latin+system+for+several+years.+

Trent Deevers

Head principal Jason Naucke has pushed for the Latin system for several years.

Haley Dawidowski, Editor

Most of the student body at Windsor High School knows who Mr. Jason Naucke is at school, but what is he like outside of school? Naucke sat down with The Hoot to discuss what he likes to do with his free time. 

There is a rumor going around that you are a DJ. Is that true?

“A friend of mine has a lot of DJ type equipment. It’s not the type of spin the turntables DJing. We mostly do trivia nights and other events like that.”

What is your favorite song to play?

“I don’t think that I necessarily have a favorite song that I like to play, I usually try to watch the crowd and play what I think people would be into. I kind of read the crowd.”

What do you like most about being a DJ?

“The thing that is the most fun about being a DJ is watching what you’re doing causing loads of people to have fun.”

Do you have a favorite movie or TV show?

“I have a bunch of favorite movies. I am a huge fan of the Princess Bride. I don’t know if it is the favorite, but it is high up there. As for TV, I don’t know if I have a favorite TV show. I like to binge watch a lot of different stuff.”

Do you have a favorite meal?

“I try not to eat a whole lot because I am nutrition conscious, but pizza is a weakness. In terms of snack food Doritos are a weakness.”

Do you have any pet peeves?

“I used to have a bunch when I actually used to teach. When people interrupt and don’t let you finish a thought.”

What do you like to do on the weekends?

“Mainly just stuff with family. Hanging out with family and friends.”

What is your favorite sport?

“I was a baseball player growing up, so I love baseball. I played that all the way through high school. I then played rugby in college. I don’t play that anymore because I’m not tough enough. I tried to be the little quick guy that didn’t get hit very often, sometimes it worked, other times it did not. I loved playing rugby, but that is a tough sport to play once you get old.”

Do you have a favorite vacation spot?

“Anything outdoorsy is perfect.  I am not much of a beach person because I get antsy after about fifteen minutes. If you gave me my pick though, anything in the mountains is ideal. I like hiking, mountain biking and staying active on vacations.”

If you could go to dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would you go with?

“One would probably be Lou Gehrig. I was a huge fan of the old Yankees growing up. He was the guy that batted behind Babe Ruth and it would be amazing to ask him how that was and even how his battle with ALS was.”