Bring It On!

Windsor students will perform the musical later this week.

Kayla Moore, Staff Writer

Windsor is ready to “Bring It On”! This  musical is about a girl who transfers to another school and joins a competitive cheer squad.  

Musical director Lisa Honz said, “It’s a very energetic show and the cast has been working hard.”

Performances are February 23-26. The cast will have performances at 7:00 pm on the 23 through the 25. Other performances are at 3:00 pm on February 25 and 26. The performances at 3:00 pm will be sensory-friendly performances. Tickets are $5 for Windsor students, staff and alumni. Tickets are $9 for other adults. Tickets can be purchased at showtix4u.com or at the door.

There are 32 cast members, 20 tech crew members and 20 cheerleaders. Some of the students performing lead roles include Liska Hromnak, Anthony Bringaze, Elizabeth Lohutko, and Deanna Pahlmann. 

Honz said, “We even had a snow day make-up rehearsal for four hours. I cannot think of anything they need to improve upon.”

Ellen Mueller is the assistant director and will also be playing the piano. Lindsey George, the WHS dance coach, will be the choreographer.

Dr. Julie Schubert will be assisting with the sensory-friendly performance–a free performance for children with sensory issues. They leave the lights on in the auditorium and do not use microphones. They have offered this performance since the musical “Beauty and the Beast!”

Honz said, “It is very memorable for the cast and crew.”

The cast has spent an immense amount of time at rehearsals.

Junior Lizzy Lohutko said, “We also spend hours of our own time learning the musical and our lines.”

Lohutko also mentioned how the cast has become a “large awkward family.”

Senior Catherine Morford said her favorite part of being in the musical is meeting new people who have the same interests as her. Morford also described her relationships with the cast as being in a family.

Senior Deanna Pahlmann said, “We are all working together to put on a great show. Having friendships off stage helps achieve that.”