A Trip To Remember

Several Windsor students and staff are heading to Europe this summer.

Kayla Moore, Staff Writer

Teacher Jennifer Klingeman recently got back from a trip to Paris, France. Klingeman was attending this special trip with a group of other teachers from the United States and Canada who will be taking their students on tours around the world this summer. Klingeman said her favorite part of the trip was the food.

“Oh my goodness, I am literally angry at America for making terrible food. Everything there was so good. They had these amazing streetside cafes and you could get delicious, healthy food quickly. I miss it!” Klingeman said.

Klingeman went to the Louvre, the Eiffel tower, Montmarte, The Catacombs, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, The Arc de Triumph and a guided city tour.

Klingeman said, “At night, they light up the Eiffel Tower for five minutes every hour on the hour, and it sparkles. It’s so beautiful!”

Klingeman stayed at Hotel Campanile Paris Pont de Suresnes, which had small rooms and non spacious elevators. Her food choices consisted of pastries, croissants and quiche.

“Paris and Missouri are alike because they both have lots of wine and vineyards. They are different because there are hardly any fast food places and all the food in Paris is amazing. There aren’t any laws regarding people with disabilities (in Paris). It would also be difficult for physically disabled people to get around in downtown Paris,” Klingeman said.

Lastly, it took ten hours for Klingeman to get back to Chicago, due to headwinds. Then, she had a 45 minute flight from Chicago to St.Louis.

A total of 46 people will be attending the next trip with Klingeman on July 11-19. This includes chaperones, parents, older siblings and students. The trip is not a school sponsored event, so it was opened up to those in the community.

Junior Brogan Eyre is one of the students going on the trip.

Brogan Eyre said, “First of all, I want to have fun.  I want to be exposed to the different cultures of different countries.  I want to experience different ways of life and different landscapes. I have been exposed to the foreign concept of Europe for a really long time, and now I get the experience to enjoy the adventure of seeing something that I will probably only get to see once in my life. I know I will have a great time with Mrs. Klingeman and the other students, and I cannot wait until I get to leave this summer.”