Band Performs At Parade

The Windsor Golden Brigade recently performed at the 75th annual St. Louis Moolah Shrine Circus Parade.

Madison New, Staff Writer

The Windsor High School Golden Brigade was invited to play at the 75th annual St. Louis Moolah Shrine Circus Parade on Saturday, March 25.  The Moolah Shrine Circus Parade is full of fun and exciting entertainment.  

Shriners, as described on the St. Louis Moolah Shrine Circus website, are “the men in the funny red hats who drive the little yellow cars, dress like clowns, ride horses, march, ride motorcycles and in general have a great time helping kids.”

Junior Mikayla Magee enjoyed her experience at the parade.  

“The parade was fun and festive even though it rained a little bit, and the food they provided for us was delicious,” Magee said.

Performing int the St. Louis Moolah Shrine Parade was an enormous honor for the Windsor Golden Brigade.

“I consider it a big honor. The best part is that it serves as a validation for a great program we have here. The Windsor Golden Brigade is a group of hardworking and talented students that should be put on display to show off their skill. I was really excited that they had a chance to do that in the Shriner’s Parade,” principal Jason Naucke said.

The Windsor Golden Brigade regularly brings home awards. The parade gave the band a chance to show off what they’ve been doing for years. Band director Steve Williams was pleased with the honor.

“This parade has been going on for many years, and they have not had a marching band for quite awhile. We were the only student band in the parade.  Everyone we talked to was very complimentary of the band and appreciated us being there,” Williams said.  “We were very proud to be there, and to be the only band that accepted the invitation.  The Shriners do great charitable work and we are very humbled to be associated with their parade and circus.”

Not only did Williams and the Windsor Golden Brigade have a good time at the Moolah Shrine Parade, junior Jayne Dodson also got to experience the fun and excitement of the parade.  

“I was there with my little sister, Mia, and she loved the music and the clowns. Me and my family, including all the band moms, walked at the end of the parade and we got to dance also,” Dodson said.