Windsor Names New Cheerleading Coach

Hillary Jennings will take over the varsity cheer team.

Kayla Moore, Staff Writer

At the March board meeting, Hillary Jennings was named the head varsity cheer coach. Jennings was previously the junior varsity coach for two and a half years. With high expectations of Windsor cheerleaders, Coach Jennings has a reputation to fulfill.

Jennings said, “I feel confident to face every task that comes in front of me. Being a varsity coach comes with many more responsibilities. Yes, some will be overwhelming, but I am prepared to take on the role as varsity coach.”

Jennings previously cheered for Windsor during her high school years, which gives her an opportunity to have a stronger bond with the girls.

Kristen Berthelot said, “I hope she really benefits us and now, with a year of experience under her belt, she really pushes the team to do great things.”

Jennings has announced she has big plans for varsity, including more elite stunts, new fundraisers, trips and possibly competitions.

Jennings said, “Something that makes me proud as a coach is seeing how hard the girls work all year long. Most people do not know that our season is from April-February. These girls work hard, and to see how much they have learned and improved is what makes me the proudest while coaching.”

Jennings also said, “I enjoy being a cheer coach because of the girls. They support their school in the good times and the bad times, and they always have. To see them doing what they love and hitting a perfect routine, it honestly doesn’t get better.”

Jennings changed the lives of many girls on JV this past cheer season.

Sophomore Cheyenne Lesieur said, “She was my coach for my first year of cheer, and it was life changing. When we would stunt or learn new cheers she never doubted us. She’s always pushed us to be the best we could and never gave up on us.”