Windsor Shows Its Character

The student council set up several activities for Windsor students on National Character Day.

Taylor Pluff, Staff Writer

In 2015, Windsor was honored by being named a National School of Character.

On Wednesday, September 13, which happened to be the National Character Day, Windsor continued to show why it received the award in 2015.

“National Character Day is a day that we celebrate leadership and different characteristics of different people to bring everyone together as a school so we can study what character means to everyone as an individual,” student council member Gabby McNabb said.

STUCO worked to get ready for this special day by preparing several activities that allow everyone to, “talk to one another, get together, and build relationships,” student council president Connor Portlock said.

On Wednesday during OWL Time, the student council set up several activities outside. Some of these activities included: the daredevil trust walk, sharing advice to help others, friendship dare roulette, singing with friends and strangers and emailing your future self. Several freshmen 101 students, along with several other students, participated in the event.

The Windsor student council is always looking for ways to improve the school environment and make everyone feel that they are welcome. It is believed that these activities help improve the high school experience.

“This helps with finding who you are and what obstacles you can overcome especially as being your own person, you want to find out what your character on the inside is,” McNabb said.

The main goal was to create a safe environment where everyone can come together as a group and work to overcome obstacles, as well as raising overall self-esteem. It is important that the students as Windsor remember to be accepting of one another’s differences and as Portlock said, “Keep spreadin’ the love!”