And The Winner Is….

Jacobi Hatchell was recently named Mr. WHS.

Hannah Hooss, Staff Writer

Windsor High School recently threw its own pageant named Mr. WHS. The event featured a group of boys from their own clubs, sports or other activities. Some examples of featured contestants were Mr. Wrestling, Mr. Band and Mr. National Honor Society.

The pageant was hosted by teacher Michelle Dalavaris and the $2 admission went to supporting the drama club. The boys, who were mostly nominated by their coaches/sponsors, volunteered to take part in the event.

During the first round, the boys were introduced and then they gave information about themselves while explaining why they should be Mr. WHS. In the second round, each student was asked a question by one of the three judges–John Darmody, Steve Roedersheimer and Bill Dalavaris. This is where things got interesting.

As the boys took turns being in the spotlight, the judges took turns asking questions from a list. Mr. Stuco, senior Ethan Reisel, was asked “What is your ideal breakfast?”. His response was:  “Waking up at 11am to a pound of waffles and syrup–breakfast in bed wouldn’t be too bad.”

The third round was finished out with a talent portion and the judges then decided the winner.  

Mr. Robotics, senior Trent Deevers, performed his stand up comedy routine, Mr. Special Olympics, senior Jacobi Hatchell, did NBA impressions, and seniors Aidan Reardon and Tyler Lingle performed with the song “Love is an Open Door” off the Frozen soundtrack.

Mr. Track, senior Kalen Jarnegan said, “It was fun talking to the other contestants and hearing their responses on why they should be Mr. WHS.” Unfortunately, Mr. Track did not make it past the first round.

“Overall, the whole thing went better than expected. The talent portion perfectly showcased me and Aidan’s talent,” Tyler Lingle said.

After the third round, the official winner was announced. The crown, and title of Mr. WHS, was awarded to Mr. Special Olympics, Jacobi Hatchell.

“It was a fun time for everyone; it was really a great experience,” Hatchell said.