Construction Chaos? Not So Much.

While Windsor High School has a number of construction projects currently taking place, the school year has gotten off to a smooth start.

The new auditorium will have balcony seating.

Sophie Dubis, Staff Writer

Throughout the past two weeks at Windsor High School, the students for 2018-2019 have witnessed the many improvements taking place around the school.

These improvements will make Windsor a dream school for soccer players, softball players, drama students and protective parents. Because of the 2017 bond issue, the school is getting a much needed makeover. The high school will be getting a new secure entrance and a bigger auditorium. Soon, soccer and softball will have turf fields to play on. While soccer is already enjoying their field, softball will soon reap the benefits.

As exciting as this whole project may appear, one obstacle has been the traffic and student parking in the morning.

“I cannot go straight down by the tennis courts anymore. I have to go around the whole school to get to my parking spot,” junior Gabe Dohack said.

Parents, students and staff have had to adjust their time frames for leaving in the mornings.

Sophomore Madeline Brothers, a first year driver,  said, “Well, I do take my friend to school, but I have to leave my house by 7:00.”

While the construction has led to a few headaches, the reward for newer facilities will soon benefit Windsor High School.

“Overall, I’m looking forward to a new auditorium the whole community can enjoy, and fields of our own that we can embrace,” school board member Mike Dubis said.

The drama club is electrified at the news of the place they call a second home.

Not only will it include a new stage, but it will also have increased its seating by 350 and consist of a brand new balcony with upstair seating.

“I’m just excited to see the configuration of the new auditorium with the lighting, new seating and hopefully a new wooden stage,” musical director Madame Honz said.

While Windsor High School is already ranked one of the best schools in Missouri, the new facilities should only help the school. People visiting the high school will soon enter through a secure entrance and be led in through the new office. Students will no longer be allowed straight into the Commons.

With the new system in place, students shouldn’t feel hesitant going to classes or fearful walking in the hallways.