Recruiting Through Dance

Principal Jason Naucke’s dance moves helped bring in a new teacher.

Cassie+Selby+is+in+her+first+year+at+Windsor.+

Abby Young

Cassie Selby is in her first year at Windsor.

Kayla Moore, Staff Writer

Windsor High School principal Jason Naucke has filmed various dance videos that have gone viral across the Internet. It also caught the eye of an area teacher.

“When I first started looking for a new job, I saw some Youtube videos that the school put together on The Hoot and I saw the video of principal (Jason) Naucke dancing at prom and I thought if that’s what the school is like, then I want to be a part of it,” Cassie Selby said.

The positive publicity caused Selby to apply to Windsor.

Selby, who is new to the science department, is in her fourth year of teaching.

“I’ve taught at two different schools before coming to Windsor.  I taught at Oakville High School for a year and then Kingston High School for two years,” Selby said.

Growing up wasn’t the easiest for Selby, so she wanted to be someone that impacts the lives of her students.

“I have a lot of reasons for being a teacher, but mainly I wanted to help kids. My life wasn’t easy growing up and I wanted to be the person to make a difference in students lives and be someone who cares while they are young,” Selby said.

Selby has done an excellent job at reaching her goal and making her students feel comforted in their time of need.

“It’s not necessarily the class itself that I like but afterwards she talks to me and shows she actually cares about me. I know that she’s interested in her job and cares that we are all on task and doing what we are suppose to be doing. She’s an overall good person and I could not do her job,” junior Joey Polewski said.

Selby is excited to see what Windsor has to offer throughout the year.

“I’ve heard about some cool things that the school does yearly and just learning everything and being a part of it is what I’m most excited for this school year,” Selby said.

Selby has taught several subjects, including: chemistry, physics, biology, forensics, botany/zoology, astronomy, science of living, earth and space science, and integrated physical science.

“I would like to make my lessons more interactive and make science fun. I try to make them as fun as I can but with some subjects it’s a little hard,” Selby said.