Wrestlers Ready For Districts

The Owls will head to districts on Friday at Farmington.

Niko McNabb, Staff Writer

The Windsor Varsity Owls officially only have one meet left in the 2019-2020 season. The Owls have posted a 11-4-1 record this season. Needless to say, the Owls have been very impressive and successful this season. 

The Owls were scheduled to host the last meet of the season on Wednesday, February 5, but due to incoming weather, the home wrestling dual vs DeSoto was rescheduled for Tuesday, February 11, at 5pm at Windsor High School. It will also be senior night.  

The most recent meet for the Owls was on Tuesday.  It was an away meet at Hillsboro and the Owls were able to defeat Park Hills 42-24 in the first match, but  the Owls fell to Hillsboro 56-24 in the second dual. 

Assistant Coach Tom Ford said, “This group continues to have a good spirit and brings a ton of energy and continues to impress me every day.” 

The Owls have had a lot of contributions to their success this season. Reilly Baughman has had an outstanding season and recently became a two time state qualifier. (Separate story coming soon) This is the last season that girls can compete with the boys before they have a completely separate boys and girls season.

Aside from Baughman, there have been many standouts on the Varsity Owls this year. Seniors Seif Elkhashab, Austin Henry and Conner Meynell have all wrestled phenomenally. Not only are the seniors doing great, so are the underclassmen. Juniors such as Chris Butts, Dominic Pona, Luke Longtin and Seth Winkleman have all had standout seasons as well.

The last varsity wrestling meet for the Owls is on Tuesday, February 11, at Windsor High School. The Owls look to have a great home meet and finish the year off strong while looking forward to districts on Friday, February 14 and 15. 

“Varsity has wrestled very well this season and we like what we have seen. We look to have some great success at our final meet as districts and state are finally here,” Bollinger said.