2017 Senior Signings

Eight seniors have signed to play in college next year.

%28From+top+left%29+Maddie+Stringer%2C+Shaina+Kmetz%2C+Ashley+Pluemer+%28From+bottom+left%29+Addison+Buscher%2C+Lauryn+Kunz%2C+and+Katie+Duncan+

Trent Deevers

(From top left) Maddie Stringer, Shaina Kmetz, Ashley Pluemer (From bottom left) Addison Buscher, Lauryn Kunz, and Katie Duncan

Brandon Fouts, Staff Writer

On Wednesday, February 1, athletes across the country signed their letter of intent to take their talents to the next level. With that in mind, The Hoot caught up with every Windsor athlete that has signed to play somewhere next year. The 2017 senior class has had 8 athletes sign (so far)  to go play the sport they love in college. This senior class has been one of the stronger, more athletic classes in recent years, and they have helped changed the culture of Windsor sports. Here are some thoughts from the senior athletes.

Trent Deevers

Katie Duncan:

Where are you going to school? For what sport? – “I’m attending Northwest Missouri State University next fall for volleyball.”

Why did you choose that school? – “When I went to visit them in the summer, I absolutely loved their campus. Their volleyball team is pretty good, too.”

What will you miss the most about Windsor? – “I will miss Coach Dueker, Mrs. Willenbrock, and I will miss playing volleyball.”

What is your best memory at Windsor? – “2014 MASC State was a great time.”

Trent Deevers

Addison Buscher:

Where are you going to school? For what sport? – “I am going to Iowa Wesleyan University for volleyball.”

Why did you choose that school? – “They have good classes for my major and I liked their volleyball program.”

What will you miss the most about Windsor? – “Playing high school volleyball with all of my friends and I will miss Coach Dueker.”

What is your best memory at Windsor? – “Going to all of the school dances with my best friend Kayla Bailey.”

Trent Deevers

Lauryn Kunz:

Where are you going to school? For what sport? – “Morehead State University in Kentucky to play soccer.”

Why did you choose that school? – “I’ve always wanted to go away for college and it’s the perfect distance from home. I like the girls on the soccer team as well as the coaches. The girls are so encouraging and welcoming. The school is all around a perfect fit for me to continue playing the sport I love.”

What will you miss the most about Windsor? – “The life long friends I have made and the coaches that helped me get to where I am today.”

What is your best memory at Windsor? – “Winning districts in soccer freshman year.”

Trent Deevers

Ashley Pluemer:

Where are you going to school? For what sport? – “I will be attending Central Methodist University to play softball.”

Why did you choose that school? – “I chose CMU because they have a very successful team, and they have a great nursing program.”

What will you miss the most about Windsor? – “I will miss all of the pep assemblies and dances. I will also miss going to other sporting events and playing softball.”

What is your best memory at Windsor? – “My best memory is riding the bus with the softball team and driving to get ice cream with the girls.”

Trent Deevers

Shaina Kmetz:

Where are you going to school? For what sport? – “Maryville University for softball.”

Why did you choose that school? – “I chose Maryville because of their Physical Therapy program and their softball team.”

What will you miss the most about Windsor? – “I will miss all of the amazing coaches who have helped shape me into the person I am today as well as help me to accomplish my dream of playing college softball.”

What is your best memory at Windsor? – “My favorite memory at Windsor was when I ran into the fence freshman year after everyone told me I had room.”

Trent Deevers

Maddie Stringer:

Where are you going to school? For what sport? – “Washburn University for soccer.”

Why did you choose that school? – “Mainly for the coach, but they also have an amazing academic program that will help me be successful after college.”

What will you miss the most about Windsor? – “I will miss playing soccer the most.”

What is your best memory at Windsor? – “Winning 1st team all conference, district and region my junior year.”

Kayla Bailey:

Where are you going to school? For what sport? – “Lindenwood University Belleville for volleyball.”

Why did you choose that school? – “I chose this school because I got along great with the girls on the team, it wasn’t too far from home and they told me I would be a starting player.”

What will you miss the most about Windsor? – “I will miss how close everyone is and how everyone knows everybody.”

What is your best memory at Windsor? – “When Dueker told me my freshman year after my J.V game that I was playing varsity that night. I had so many emotions and I will never forget that night.”

Kylie Gmerek

Where are you going to school? For what sport? – “Rockhurst University for Softball.”

Why did you choose that school? – “They have great academics and the campus is awesome. I love the team there and I know most of the girls as well as the coaches. They have a great accreditation for jobs after college.”

What will you miss the most about Windsor? – “All of my friends, the teachers and the staff. We have some of the best!”

What is your best memory at Windsor? – “I don’t have a favorite. All of the memories I have of going to games, dances, and being a part of sports and Stuco have all contributed to a great time in high school!”