Fountain Creates Excitement

Windsor High School recently installed a fountain soda machine for faculty and staff.

Brogan Eyre, Staff Editor

Everyone has a favorite drink. Typically, regular, everyday people have a natural preference towards one type of beverage, whether it be Coke or Pepsi, and teachers are no different. Most teachers love soda, and the Windsor teacher’s lounge just acquired means of satisfying the intense infatuation with  a certain array of carbonated drinks.

Principal Jason Naucke ordered a private soda fountain for all of the teachers and staff of the high school. The news has generated quite a bit of excitement among staff members who, like the rest of the world, enjoy drinking a free, complimentary soda once in awhile.

“I’m very excited. As soon as they told us about the fountain, I was just grinning. I will be saving exactly 82 cents a day. I get a Polar Pop every morning, or I did. With the new machine, I don’t have to anymore. It will save me five minutes every morning and I’ll be saving almost a dollar per day,” math teacher Randy Green said.

The soda fountain was purchased by the administrators for the purpose of expressing appreciation for the hardworking teachers of Windsor High School. The idea was initially proposed by Naucke, who got the original concept from his wife and her coworkers. Naucke spoke to the aforementioned coworkers about the act of buying and the process of installation, and whether the gift promoted the exact type of positive reaction that it aimed at.

“What made me do it is I just think that we have an unbelievable teaching staff here. I think anytime that you can show gratitude to a teaching staff for the hard work they put in, year in and year out, there are ways to go about that. Pepsi gave us a number and it was practically what we would spend on a gift anyway, so it just made sense that we would do it,” Naucke said.