Krueger Takes Over

After coaching at the JV level for 11 years, Chris Krueger is now the head soccer coach at Windsor.

Brandon Fouts, Staff Writer

Male fall sports are continuing to make changes to its teams. Earlier this year, Alex Dematteis was hired as the new head football coach. Now, Chris Krueger has been chosen to take over the Windsor boys soccer team.

Krueger is a very familiar face at Windsor, and was among many student’s favorite teachers in middle school. It’s no surprise that he is thrilled about this new position.

I’m extremely excited for the opportunity to run this program.  I’m looking forward to the challenges that wait for me in such an important role.  I want Windsor’s soccer program to be a program that opponents fear to play because we are consistently great and hard to beat,” Krueger said.

The boys soccer team definitely has something to look forward to.

This isn’t Coach Krueger’s first rodeo. Krueger has been at Windsor since 2005, and has been coaching soccer at the JV level for the last 11 years. Krueger thinks this is going to give him an advantage for the upcoming years.

“I already know the players in the program because they have all played for me previously. Another advantage is because I teach at the middle school, I am able to create and build relationships starting their 6th grade year. When they get to high school, they are already a familiar face and that really helps in setting the tone for the discipline and expectations for the program,” Krueger said.

According to some at Windsor, being a part of or playing on a varsity team has losts its meaning over the past several years. Krueger sees this problem and plans to change the culture at Windsor.

“I want to create a varsity team that isn’t just something that students get to participate on, but is earned. This starts from who makes the team, to the playing time that is distributed, to understanding roles of what a team and teammates consist of and how to handle all of these situations.  I want the varsity team to be something that our younger players strive to be a part of and contribute to any way possible.  All while having great class and dignity,” Krueger said.

Junior Caesar Bello is looking forward to what Krueger plans to bring to the team.

“I am excited for next year and I am really looking forward to it. He’s been coaching me since since freshman year and I think he has a lot to offer us. It’s exciting,” Bello said.