Coach’s Spotlight: Jane Scott

She is in her 32nd year at Windsor.

Staff Report

Coach:

Jane Scott

Where is she from?

Scott grew up in Jefferson County and attended Festus High School. She currently resides in Hillsboro.

Where did she go to college?

She attended Southeast Missouri State University.

How long has she been at Windsor?

This is her 32 year at Windsor.  

What is her athletic background?

She participated in volleyball, gymnastics and cheerleading in her four years of high school and graduated college with a BS in Physical Education.  

What is her favorite thing about coaching?

Her passion has always been the game of volleyball. She enjoys coaching the student athlete and seeing their growth throughout the season and building relationships on and off the court.

What is her proudest moment as a coach/teacher?

She is most proud of the students/athletes who have come back to their alma mater as educators themselves. To her, that outweighs the winning seasons, district titles and awards of coaching. Knowing the lady owls volleyball program has continued to stay strong well after her varsity coaching years, under direction of former player Stephany Dueker, is a very proud feeling.

Who is in her family?

Scott has three sons. The oldest, Colby, resides in Farmington as a postman. Her middle child, Connor is employed at Parkway NE Middle School as a music teacher and the organist for the Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion. Mitchell, the youngest, will graduate in December from Lindenwood University and will be employed with the St. Charles Ambulance District as a paramedic.

What is her favorite movie & food?

Her favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption and her favorite food is Italian Cuisine.