New At WHS: Brianna Jordan

New science teacher Brianna Jordan is one of six new teachers at Windsor High School this year.

Kayla Moore, Staff Writer

Have you seen some unfamiliar faces around school? Windsor High School gained many new teachers this current school year. New science teacher Brianna Jordan is one of the six new teachers this year.

Jordan went to Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri. She received her bachelor’s  degree in Biology in 2015 and her Masters in Education in 2016.

“I loved it and if anyone would like to go there I’d love to know,” Jordan said.

Before coming to Windsor High School, Jordan had a previous teaching job at Putnam County near the Kirksville area for one year.

Jordan said, “I am enjoying Windsor so far. It’s definitely a lot to learn because it’s a different place, but I really like getting to know everyone.”

While Jordan is teaching at Windsor, she says that she is willing to help out with clubs and sports if she could find something but there are none that she knows of yet.

Jordan really enjoys teaching students about the various aspects of science.

“There’s always a bunch of things happening in the news which means there’s always something new happening in science. There’s fun activities that are more hands on and I really enjoy doing that with people. Those are just a couple reasons why I enjoy teaching science classes,” Jordan said.

When Jordan was in high school at Francis Howell Central, she was in her school band. There she played the clarinet and the oboe, but clarinet was her favorite. However, she played the oboe longer.

On August 22, she even celebrated her 25th birthday.

“It’s hard to just go around and tell people it’s your birthday because you feel kind of weird. But that’s something I’d like people to know about me,” Jordan said.