New At WHS: Steve Roedersheimer

Roedersheimer, a new social studies teacher at Windsor, has traveled all over the country.

Hannah, Hooss

How does someone who traveled throughout the United States for months at a time end up teaching at a place like Windsor?

One of the newest additions to Windsor High School is Steve Roedersheimer–teacher of AP Government and Politics, American History and Sociology. Throughout his teaching career, Roedersheimer has taught four years at Lindbergh High School, a high school in Alamosa, Colorado, for one year, as well as working at a homeless shelter for two years.

“As cliche as this may sound, I’ve always liked the thought of helping people,” Roedersheimer said.

Roedersheimer grew up in South County. His mother was a teacher in the Mehlville Early Child Development Center. As an adult, he began to work with the Americorps. After his time there, he believed it to be a natural next step to begin teaching.  

In between jobs, he would find himself adventuring throughout the nation. One of the most memorable of those would be backpacking from Colorado to California, taking about three  to four months total. In that trip, he visited many national parks and the infamous Angels Landing.

After adventuring for so long, Roedersheimer believed it was time to come home and settle down to continue working with students, thus finding his place at Windsor.

“I travel a lot and I am so relieved just to be in one place for an extended amount of time,” Roedersheimer said.  

In the future years, he wishes to expand the variety of his classes to teach more subjects. In the past, he taught things such as physical education, social studies, mathematics and more.

He believes everyone at Windsor to be very hard working and claims to see a lot of effort being put forth, by both students and teachers.

“I love being at Windsor and I hope to be here a while,” Roedersheimer said.