Teacher Trio

Teaching at Windsor has helped three teachers form special friendships.

Jamie+Kovach%2C+Kim+Schmidt%2C+and+Casey+Willenbrock+have+formed+a+bond+while+working+at+Windsor.+

Abby Young

Jamie Kovach, Kim Schmidt, and Casey Willenbrock have formed a bond while working at Windsor.

Luke Stallings, Staff Writer

Everyone wishes they could work with their best friend. Three teachers at Windsor High School get to see and work with their best friends every day. Teacher Kim Schmidt, Jamie Kovach, and Casey Willenbrock have a special type of friendship that is seen by everyone inside and outside of school.

Their friendship was in the making for years. Kovach and Willenbrock went to the same high school, Oakville, and even had mutual friends when they were in grade school.  

Willenbrock said, “I knew Kovach back in her safety goggles days.”

Schmidt and Willenbrock both were hired at Windsor in the fall of 2010, and met one another at the new teacher orientation.

Willenbrock said, “I was all nervous and worried the night before, like am I going to be professional enough, am I going to be dressed well enough… and Schmidt showed up looking like a bum, hoping her new coworkers weren’t a bunch of losers.”

Schmidt said, “Willenbrock and myself are extremely opposite of each other, which is weird since we’re such good friends.”

Kovach came to Windsor later that year, but they really did not become a trio until Kovach and Schmidt starting coaching softball together. They came together over their love for softball, and their personalities bonded right away.

Schmidt, Willenbrock, and Kovach eat lunch together every day. On many days, Kovach and Schmidt bring the ingredients and Willenbrock cooks the food.

The three teachers don’t only see each other at school. They also spend time outside of school together. Their kids have play dates, celebrate each other’s birthday parties, and Schmidt and Kovach were even at Willenbrock’s wedding.

Schmidt said, “Those two aren’t my only friends here at Windsor, but I love them both very much, and I love teaching here at Windsor High School.”