Young Owls Look To Soar

The boys basketball team is 5-4 on the young season.

Maddy Mancuso, Staff Writer

The Windsor boys basketball team is off to a promising start. 

Despite a pair of tough losses against DuBourg and Festus, the Owls are currently 5-4 this season. 

Head coach Ryan McArthy said, “I expect our team to focus on the process of getting better every day. We are a young team that will experience growing pains this season, and we don’t want to get too high on wins or losses.”

The Owls basketball team lost their leading scorer in Sonny Amabile, who averaged 18.7 points per game last season. He also led the team in steals and assists.  Is there someone who can fill Amabile’s void?

McArthy said, “I expect our team to come together and play off each other’s strength to fill the void.”

The Owls have three seniors–Nathan Beerman, Elliot Witte, and Garret Brandon. They are all a huge part of the team; they bring leadership, confidence and  culture. Nathan Beerman averages 5.4 points a game,  and Elliot averages 3.5 points. 

Junior Max Hartmann leads the team with 12.3 points per game, while sophomore Brenton Shirk and junior AJ Patrick both are averaging 10.9 points per game. 

Shirk said, “I think our season is going good, our chemistry is coming along strong and fast and our defense is locked down. I think we will go far in this season and hopefully win districts or conference.”

Beerman is starting off his senior year strong and is ready to give his all to his last year of basketball at Windsor High School. 

Beerman said, “I’m so excited to make these memories count with my basketball boys by my side” 

With a young team, the Owls are hopeful that they will improve throughout the season. 

Beerman said, “ I’m really excited to see how our conference goes and how far we get in district.”